Air Conditioning Brands - Mitsubishi Electric
Mitsubishi Electric creates high quality electrical and electronic products – for the home, business and industry.
When you think of Mitsubishi Electric, you probably think of high quality air conditioners, but, since 1967, we have been touching your life in so many other ways.
We supply the traction system on the train that takes you home, the giant screens at the MCG, and the substation that regulates your electricity. The satellite that carries your mobile phone call are made by Mitsubishi Electric too.
No matter where you find Mitsubishi Electric, you’ll see the same hallmarks of performance and dependability. With Mitsubishi Electric, it’s all about quality of life
Since our operations began in Australia in 1967 Mitsubishi Electric has aimed to become one of the most highly regarded brands in Australia.
- A representative office of Mitsubishi Electric was opened in Sydney (Australia Square)
- Supply of Electrical Components for Rolling Stock started
- Tumut 3 Power Station, Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme. Generators supplied by Mitsubishi Electric. 6 x 250 MW.
- MELCO AUSTRALIA PTY LTD was incorporated, 100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Japan.
- AWA-Thorn started importing and selling colour TV made for AWA-Thorn by Mitsubishi Electric of Japan
- Awarded contract to supply electrical equipment for 10 off 85 class electric locomotives
- Supply of Electrical Systems to A. Goninan & Co for the K-Set train contract
- MELCO acquired AWA-Thorn
- Changed name from MELCO AUSTRALIA PTY LTD to MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (MEAUST)
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply electrical equipment for 50 x 86 class electric locomotives
- MEAUST Installed Diamond Vision screen at MCG, the first full-colour video replay scoreboard in Australia and the third such scoreboard in the world
- MEAUST purchases 51% of Meltron NZ. Melco NZ (BDT) is established.
- First started selling Refrigerators in 1983 and until 1986
- Started selling Window/Wall & Split System Air Conditioners (AV models)
- Oct 1983 ~ 1986 MEAUST built 8 major city earth stations for the AUSSAT project, one of the first national communications satellite systems in the world.
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply chopper equipment for suburban and intercity cars
- Supplied 2 x 250 MW generators to Wivenhoe Hydro Power Station
- MEAUST established Cellular Mobile Telephone factory in Rydalmere, NSW.
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply electrical equipment for Tangara train sets. At the time Tangara was one of the largest train contracts in the world (450 cars).
- MEAUST renamed “AWA-Thorn” to “Mitsubishi Electric AWA Pty Ltd”
- Started selling Mr Slim Air Conditioners (AG models)
- Installed Diamond Vision screen at Sydney Football Stadium
- MEAUST officially opened Railway Factory at North Ryde
- First Dead Tank Gas Circuit Breaker (DTGCB) in Australia sold to Hydro Tasmania
- MEAUST installed MCG LED Diamond Vision screen
- Resumed selling Refrigerators in the Australian market
- Installed Diamond Vision screen at Westpac Trust Stadium in New Zealand
- MEAUST sells 51% interest in Melco NZ/BDT
- Optus C1 Satellite, designed and developed by Mitsubishi Electric, launched.
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply electrical equipment for OSCar train sets to UGL
- 2003 ~ 2005 – Energex order 5 x Gas Insulated Switchgear substations
- Major Sponsor of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs NRL football club
- Blanket DTGCB supply contract secured with SPAusNet
- Supplies 1 x 210 MW generators to Tamar Valley Hydro Power Station, Tasmania.
- Energy Australia order 5 x 60MVA Gas Insulated Transformers for City South substation
- Blanket DTGCB supply contract secured with Powerlink
- Satellite ST-2 launched for SingTel. Project managed by Optus.
- Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) video wall installed
- MEAUST total company sales exceed $300M for the first time.
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply Passenger Information System equipment for Bucharest Metro
- MEAUST awarded contract to supply electrical equipment for Auckland Metro Rail
- MEAUST LEG (HVAC, Refrigerator etc.) sales exceed $200M for the first time.
- MEAUST installed Diamond Vision LED screen at Parramatta Stadium, home ground of the Western Sydney Wanderers A-League soccer team.
- MEAUST announced Western Sydney Wanderers FC Sponsorship
- Australia’s first indoor skydiving facility iFly Downunder opened and powered by Mitsubishi Electric automation products such as Four FR-F700 variable speed drive (VSD) inverters, industry leading Q-Series Modular programmable logic controller (PLC), and CC-Link – Mitsubishi Electric’s proprietary industrial communication network.
- Installed Australia’s Highest Resolution Outdoor LED Display at Caulfield Racecourse.
- Extends partnership with Western Sydney Wanderers FC through until the end of the 2018/19 season.